- From Karen’s perspective, there is a lot of loathing of the body at the moment.
- There are a number of distortion patterns that cause this in terms of body image, many of which derive from a comparison to an external ideal of beauty which is difficult to attain for most bodies. This discrepancy often triggers distortion patterns of low self worth, a sense of failure, shame and unworthiness. These distortion patterns very much impact how we view and feel about our bodies.
- Frequency distortion patterns that are running through us from lineage, culture, religion, etc., create the reality or the wounding within the reality which bring that distortion pattern to our awareness. We believe the wounding just “happens to us” but they are the result of the distortion patterns. As we age, these patterns entrench further and we start to believe that is just the way the world is.
- When we remove these distortion patterns that impact how we view our bodies (which the full episode to learn more what these are) then often in a non-linear way, we start to discover the best way of eating for our bodies, we meet the right people to support movement and strength (coaches, instructor, training buddies), helping us to shift the way our bodies are AND we start to feel different about our bodies.
- The body image challenge is a symptom of our unease with or dislike or discomfort with ourselves. We often don’t recognize those deeper patterns so we fixate on our bodies because we’re not sure where else to place our attention.
- Part of accepting the body is accepting our own brilliance. When we are complete and internally strong on spirit level we realize and experience the magnificence of our own brilliance (without a need for comparison to anyone else). Because the body is an aspect of that brilliance, we discover that we genuinely and eagerly want to take care of it, nourish it, strengthen it so that it becomes an even more vibrant reflection of embodied spirit.
- When we are at this level of internal completion we experience a sense of confidence that radiates out from us and is not conditioned on what we are wearing, what feedback we get from others, etc., – all things external to us. It comes from our ease with who we are which is naturally attractive to those around us.
- As we rise in frequency vibration, our definition of beautiful expands and our involuntary judging decreases). We become much more aware of not only our own beauty but the beauty all around us.