Before I started on my spiritual journey, my primary emotion was fear.
Well, sometimes, it would be worry, or anxiety, which didn’t really feel like that much of a step up.
Mostly though, it was fear. The biggest one was fear that I wouldn’t have enough.
I spent a lot of energy trying to keep that one in check because I was really afraid of feeling that fear. “Doing” and “controlling” were my ways of trying to manage it.
Without even realizing it, I worried that if I did let all of that fear out of the bag I’d be paralyzed and drown in it.
Now looking back, I feared the potential destructive consequences of what I thought of as negative emotions. I have come to understand that there is a lot of energy in those “negative” emotions (I know because it took a lot to suppress it!). What if there was a way to harness that momentum to make “negative” emotions constructive?
In this week’s episode, (#67) Emotions – Agents of Change, Dennis and I discuss emotions and how they can be a catalyst for positive change if we have enough distance from them.
This episode was filmed before the beginning of COVID-19, but the topic is particularly relevant right now.
In the chaos of these times, negative emotions have exploded in the US with the murder of George Floyd, a black man, by a white police officer.
In the US and the rest of the world, there’s a whole lot of negative emotion—sometimes simmering beneath the surface, and now more than ever up front and center—rage, frustration, disempowerment, worry, anxiety, fear, etc., as we are forced to face the visible evidence of oppression, as we deal with the unfolding pandemic, and as we start to experience the economic fallout from COVID-19.
There’s so much emotion, what to do?
The free Group Frequency Calibration® (GFC) at the end is the most important part – it will help to begin to remove the distortion patterns that keep you trapped in a certain loop of emotions, so you can gain space from them, see them more clearly and release them.
If we don’t remove these distortion patterns, we can loop or stay mired in destructive emotional patterns.
The clearer we are, the more stable we are, so the more we can lead by example for the people in our lives. The ripple effect is huge.
Let’s use what we have to create forward momentum, for ourselves and for everyone.
Here’s to breaking the vicious cycle of low resonating emotions!
Until next time,
• Fear, anger, jealousy, anxiety. We spend a lot of time avoiding these negative emotions, but if truly felt and properly directed, they can be enormous catalysts for change. There’s a lot of energetic fuel to them, and they’re meant to catalyze a shift—that’s why they surface in your reality.
• The best way to use a negative emotion is to use its energy to move toward something better. Use it productively toward something that shifts your reality—as opposed to a destruction toward self or other. Ask yourself: Why is this happening? What’s the lesson here? What am I meant to learn?
• You are not your emotions. But when you’re overwhelmed with a negative emotion, it can feel like everything is against you—all of your existence is filled with this emotion, and it feels very real and true. Frequency work allows you to remove distortion patterns, giving you the distance and clarity you need to examine the source of the emotion and determine what needs to change in your reality.
• Negative emotions are indications of distortion patterns in your field that need to be resolved. If you have road rage, for example, it’s not the person who cut you off that made you angry. You already have the resonation of unresolved anger within you, and your mind is looking for something to focus it on. With distance and practice, such a circumstance can propel you into a journey of self-examination.
• It’s not happening to you, it’s happening for you. Circumstances that trigger your negative emotions aren’t random—it’s often your higher self orchestrating things so you can examine where you need to grow/release/progress. The emotion is a tell. Understood and used properly, we can consciously use them to give us momentum to shake off even deeper distortion patterns.
• Part of the gift of your humanness is having emotion, because we don’t have access to the same intensity of emotion when we’re not embodied. The mastery is in realizing that the emotion is not you. It’s not your essence, it’s just an emotional state you’re experiencing. As you ascend, you’ll likely begin to occupy a state of more neutrality, of more internal stillness. And at any point on your journey, your negative emotions can be great indicators for things that need to shift in order for you to become even stronger and more neutral.