Polarization is intense across the planet right now. In this episode, we’re exploring this phenomenon from spirit level — and highlighting the incredible opportunity presented during this time of breakdown.
• It’s a turbulent time in our politics and culture. There’s an overload of finger-pointing and blaming, and the chasm between opinions has widened dramatically. People are lashing out at those who hold different perspectives, and we’re seeing breakdown in our political and financial systems.
• Our political and financial systems are built upon oppression — where one small group dominates or controls another for power, control, and/or money. And we’ve reached a point in consciousness where the denser patterns — greed, abuse, control, oppression — have to break away in order for us to rise to a higher level of consciousness. As a result, the breakdown we’re seeing has to happen. A band-aid won’t fix it. This is a scary but also exciting time.
• We all have these distortion patterns to some degree — of oppressor and of the oppressed. We’re aiding oppression when we buy a cheap t-shirt made by a sweatshop worker; we’re allowing ourselves to be oppressed when we take out a loan. Debt is the currency of oppression. We voluntarily participate in systemic oppression, whether or not we choose to recognize that that’s what we’re doing.
• It’s easy to point the finger right now — to think all the oppression is happening “out there.” But the oppressor frequency runs within us, and we’re often blind to it. The foundational systems are set up in a way where in order for one to have power, the other has to lose. But when we benefit from this setup, we usually just think we’re doing well.
• Think about where you might be participating in this dynamic from the angles of both the oppressor and the oppressed. Look inwards for personal accountability. Then do the frequency work to release these patterns. If you recognize and release the distortion patterns within yourself, you can help the collective buoy up to release patterns on a systemic level.
• As you increase your internal strength and personal stability, you’ll notice more when you try to put pressure on others or assert your agenda on them. You’ll also notice instances where you’re the target of oppressive energy.
• It’s important to have accountability for the power you have and the oppression you wield — and then remove those patterns. Having that accountability can shift things not only for yourself and the others you interact with, but for the collective as well.
• It’s a pivotal time. As we clear ourselves, the opportunity for the collective to shift gets stronger. And once we shift away from systemic oppression, there’s space for something new — from a higher order — to take its place.